Background Check Services
Suspicion between individuals is quite common in today’s society, regardless whether they know each other or not. What is even more notable is the effect that this lack of trust has had on other spheres of human life. Starting from employment opportunities, through property renting all the way to choosing your intimate companion, people nowadays seem to need some reassuring when meeting strangers.
In order to eliminate any potential danger and fear, background check companies have set up their business with the purpose of uncovering such secrets. Since their appearance, these services have been applied for the previously mentioned situations and many more everyday scenarios.
What Are Background Check Services?
These services provide worried employers, property managers or even parents with extensive information regarding a particular person. They allow them to search for the person through various filters and establish who the right one is before demanding a purchase.
In a standard background check report, people are able to find out all kinds of information about their subject. Most of them will include the major points in the person’s life, such as education, place of birth and residence, age, job positions and any felonies they have committed along the way. Apart from these, specialized searches are also available.
Types of Background Check Services
Although most services tend to target the general client base, there are certain companies that have decided to cater to a specific group of people. Depending on the clientele, these services can now be distinguished into several types:
- Employment Background Check Companies – They normally offer their services to employers, i.e. companies interested in hiring a particular individual. Apart from them, HR departments at major enterprises also make use of these services.
- Tenant Background Check Companies – Their services are most useful to landlords and property managers who need to determine someone’s reliability before leasing them space.
- Online Background Check Companies – For greater efficiency, some companies have decided to transfer everything online and offer their services through their site.
- Household Employee Background Check Companies – The home staff inevitably goes through the same screening process as those working in the major corporations. This is especially vital for nannies and senior citizen nurses.
- Comprehensive Background Check Companies – These companies cover the overall specialized services provided by the previous companies and combine them in a comprehensive way. That way, you get a detailed report with no redundant information.
Key Features of Background Check Services
If you are interested in paying for information in order to have some peace of mind, background check services are sure to help you achieve the cause. Still, there are certain differences between them, which is why learning something about their main features could help you choose the best one for you.
- Accuracy – The basis for these services’ credibility is in fact their accuracy. They need to keep up with the information they provide and update their data on a regular basis. These companies collect their report information from public files which are often outdated. Nonetheless, finding one that manages to provide the latest information is definitely the best option.
- Ease of Use – Although these services often have interactive dashboards, their clients need to be able to understand a lot more than their interface. Namely, the best background check services provide detailed reports which come with specific definitions for some terms. Moreover, there are companies which even include explanations regarding certain information which might be missing from some reports due to state-specific regulations or other obstacles.
- Search Options – Since you are trying to find out something more about a certain person, it’s only understandable that you do not know them very well. That is why searching them should be customized and enabled on the basis of different criteria. The best services allow their clients to search the data base using pieces of information – age, name, location. Other times, they simply provide a single search option where you can enter whatever you know about the relevant person.
- Payment Options – The standard pricing structure in this business demands a base price with an additional fee for each report. However, some services are known to offer subscriptions with a certain number of included reports. Plus, there are those background check companies that work with entire corporations and their HR representatives. For this purpose, the service providers have developed custom fees according to the search volume.
- Extra Features – As usual, market competitiveness prompts entrepreneurs to develop more profitable strategies. Hence, these background check services often include additional information like tax liens, court involvements or bankruptcy. Furthermore, the advance of social media has prompted them to include the available profiles in the subject’s report.
Generally speaking, these services simply need to work with accuracy, discretion and timeliness in order to rank higher. Yet again, just like any other service provider, they should not neglect the customer support segment. Most of the time, these services provide enough support via phone or email, although some are also known to include a live chat option in the package.