Meal Delivery Services
A meal delivery service is a type of food service in which the customer is sent fresh or frozen prepared meals delivered to their homes. There are a lot of options to choose from in terms of the type of food. Most people use these services in order to have a healthier diet since this makes it a lot easier to prepare or eat healthier food. Most meal delivery companies also offer their customers a so-called meal kit, in which the customer receives the ingredients and then prepares the meal himself according to the instructions.
The vast majority of meal delivery providers operate on a subscription-based business model. Customers can usually choose whether they want to pay weekly or monthly, as well as how often they would want food delivered, according to their needs and budget.
Who Would Benefit From a Meal Delivery Service?
Pretty much anyone could potentially find use in this type of service. Of course, because of the cost of it, not everyone is able to afford it, but those who are should definitely seriously consider going for one. The most common target markets for meal delivery providers are:
- Students and Young Adults – College students can be notoriously bad at cooking, but this is not the main reason they would want to consider using this service. Students and young adults live a fast-paced life, constantly going to classes, socializing or working on their careers. This means that they barely have the time to think about what they’re going to it and most of them resort to cheap and low quality fast-food. Being young and educated, they know this is bad for them and one possible solution is a meal delivery service so that they can enjoy home cooked meals once again. Of course, not all of them can afford it, though.
- Parents – Similarly to young adults, parents can also have a pretty hectic life while their children are still young. Most of them have to go to work, run many different errands, take their kids to school or practice, which leaves very little time for grocery shopping. So, having the groceries and ingredients delivered would make it a lot easier for them, and meanwhile, they can still feel the same joy that parents feel when cooking for their kids.
- Working Professionals – This group is becoming increasingly interested in this type of service. People can be under a lot of stress these days and one of the main factors is work. Having meals or meal ingredients delivered to them would mean they have more time to relax and enjoy high-quality, home-cooked food. After a long day at the office, there is nothing better than that. Studies have shown that men are more likely to be interested in a meal delivery service. 23% of men have stated that they have used one in the past, compared to 15% of women.
As you might have noticed, all of these groups have something in common. They are all very busy and with little time for grocery shopping or cooking, which makes it more likely that they would resort to this type of service. However, this doesn’t mean that older people, or even retirees who have plenty of time on their hands, can’t find this service useful.
What You Can Expect When Using a Meal Delivery Service
If you are reading this, there is a high chance that you are considering using a meal delivery service. However, due to it being a relatively new type of business, you might not know what exactly you can expect from it. So, here are a few things that pretty much all meal delivery services provide:
- Ready-To-Cook Food – If you choose a meal kit delivery, you will receive ready-to-cook ingredients along with instructions on how to prepare them. This is a great choice If you don’t have the time or will to go grocery shopping but still enjoy cooking and preparing food.
- Prepared Food – With this option, you receive fresh or frozen prepared meals. The meals are cooked by the company and later placed in safe packaging which is then sent to your home. There are a lot of food options you can experiment with, depending on the company.
- Weekly Plans – Most meal providers offer weekly plans in which you can choose how many times per week you want food delivered. You can also skip weeks if you choose to by simply notifying your meal delivery provider.
- High-Quality Ingredients – Even though the providers differ in many different ways, most of them have one thing in common, and that is the high quality of food they offer. They make sure that they use fresh produce that is responsibly-sourced.
- Easy Way of Choosing and Ordering – Meal delivery services make it very easy to order and choose your meal plans. You can do this by simply downloading their app or going to their site. The process is very similar to any other online food ordering you may have done in the past.
There are a lot of benefits for using a meal delivery service despite being relatively pricy. Feel free to check out all the top rated providers above and choose the one you like the best.